Noel Cressie and myself are offering a workshop at the UOW Sydney Business School, on 29/30 April. This 1.5-day workshop is based on our recent book that is freely available for download from https://spacetimewithr.org. It considers a systematic approach to analysing spatio-temporal data, with a particular emphasis on hierarchical (empirical and Bayesian) statistical modelling. The workshop, which is endorsed as an activity of the Environmental Statistics Section of the Statistical Society of Australia (SSA) , will cover the following topics in spatio-temporal statistics.
- Key concepts of hierarchical modelling; overview of requisite background in spatial statistics.
- Data wrangling with spatio-temporal data.
- Spatio-temporal data classes in R.
- Visualisation of spatio-temporal data using lattices and grammar of graphics.
EDA for spatio-temporal data (including visualisation and empirical dimension-reduction) in R.
- Standard statistical models for spatio-temporal data.
- Covariance functions and spatio-temporal kriging in practice.
- Rank-reduced spatio-temporal modelling approaches.
- Dynamic spatio-temporal modelling.
For more information and registration details visit niasra.uow.edu.au